Thursday, March 17, 2011

When do you know you've had enough?

When we've called someone 10 times and we don't get a call back.  When you aren't sure when or if the person you are "talking to" is telling you the truth.  When your brain says enough is enough but you just hang on for one more try.  This could be a signal you have reached the end of a long or short trip down the path of pain.

What is the life lesson for those of us who keep on keeping on?  Perhaps, we should give up the idea that we have to be long suffering, forgiving more than is necessary.  Who are we making the sacrifice for?    How does it help us to suffer?  For me, the idea of having enough means I have done a searching inventory of my behavior and determined that what I'm doing is not getting me any closer to what I really want.  Unless what I'm trying to get to is misery.  But, I am not interested in being miserable any longer than is absolutely necessary!  The only action to take is to do something different.  After the first disappointment search your mind and the situation to see if it's worth what you really want.

No comments:

Post a Comment