Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Getting What I Want

For the last few days I have done presentations or been in a public forum with individuals and when the event is over I have felt down (emotionally exhausted).  After thinking about it I have come to the conclusion that I enjoy having my way.  I don't think this makes me any different than anyone else.  Aren't I a mess! Getting upset with life because people don't behave the way I want them to behave.  External control psychology!  I want to have what I want and I want people see what I see and appreciate what I appreciate the way I want it done!    

I will continue practicing giving information and not thinking about what people do with the information once I have let it go.  Hard!  But definitely possible.  It's kind of like a gift.  Once you give it away it is no longer yours to do anything about.  Perhaps, I can think of my messages as little jewels, gifts I give away for the new owner to use as they will.  I can hope the gifts are taken care of but I won't spend any time thinking about them once they have left my lips.

3 comments:

  1. I had the same problem .I could not understand why individuals working on group projects did not have the same work ethics or determination as myself ,to sucessfully complete projects in a timely manner.I had to come to the realization to let people be people and I be me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zenobia,
    It would be so easy if we could just get people to do what we want them to do. But, the truth is they, like us have there own ideas about how things should be. Sometimes when we work in groups it is a little different because the group should be working around a specific project or purpose. But we can still have people in a group who do not want to go with the flow. Then we have another job. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Trust,Risk,Reign!Gloria,and Zenobia ,well in my case ms.!!!
    It is all about preception a great source tells me almost every day. Well,when you are working in a group project every one works at their own pace. But,they arnt supposed to but that is how the world works. You have to try to look at it from the other person's pespective.As long as the job gets done everything is okay. But sometimes the job doesn't get done, and we want to take controll, well as individual persons we have to master the skill of controlling ourselves. As an individual i have to work on this using an enorumous mass of time,although i know whats right i find myself trying to control someone else all the time. So that is something that evreyone should work on,you can suggest opinions to people,they may listen they may not, but that is all we can do, or that is all we are supposed to do, this is difficult depending on your personality , but remember its all about PREcEPTION!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete